Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Megan Neilson Rocks!



There are just some sewing bloggers that seem to have endless creativity and an eye for beauty that one can only aspire to. Meg Neilson is one of those bloggers.
Since discovering her on Wardrobe Re-Fashion, I have been inspired and amazed every time I visit her blog. Originally hailing from Australia, she has moved to Iowa (IOWA!!!) and brought her know how and ingenuity with her to the good ole' USA.

Her designs clearly show she believes a woman should feel as beautiful as she dreamed she would be, when playing dress up as a little girl. All her designs are ultra feminine and sweet as pie but yet comfortable enough to wear when chasing children. She proves this by wearing many of her own designs daily- and almost always in heels!

The other day I was bemoaning (yet again) the dearth of cute, modern nursing dresses. I am sooo tired of wearing separates only! I want to wear sundresses and maxi dresses, like everyone else, and still be able to nurse in them, without breaking the bank. Is that too much to ask? Apparently it is.

I thought for sure, I'd have to design something myself but Meg has come to the rescue!


She has designed an adorable dress that could be easily worn while pregnant, nursing, or anytime. It's just that cute! The pattern can be made as a top or dress, with three sleeve lengths- short, three-quarter or long. And because she loves all things pretty, there is even an optional ruffle for the hem! So awesome! I couldn't have come up with something this great if I had tried.

So check out Meg's blog and sign up for the giveaway today.

All pictures are from Meg Nielson's blog, and are of Meg herself! They were taken by her. I claim no credit for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment